Saturday, March 1, 2008

"In the Spotlight!" - Featuring Emma Hanes!

Hey equestrian world! My name is Emma Hanes and if you didn't notice, I'm "In the Spotlight!" My riding career began at a very early age (I'm 15 years old now), from talking to walking to running to riding, with very little break time. I started riding at Bayberry Riding Center; there I learned the basics, pushing the heels down and always looking up. Finally I was allowed to show, starting with local shows where I cleaned up in the pre short stirrup, then the short stirrup and then the pony classes. Next thing I knew I had entered into the wonderful world of eventing. However after almost eight years there, I changed barns and moved to EKG. Now that I'm there I show almost every weekend and am at the barn everyday, I have five wonderful show horses, a beautiful 4-year old paint mare, "Lillyth", a stocky chesnut gelding, "Rocky", a FAST little jumper pony, "Max" (shown with Emma, above right taken today, March 1st!), a little girl's pony whom I love, "Tweed", and my newest project, a baby named "Daisy". All these horses make my world spin round and do something to make me laugh everyday. However, riding isn't all about horses, I've made some amazing friends through riding, my entire interschool team is hilarious, loud, and extremely talented. Not to mention my trainer, Erin Grampp, who has changed the way I look at horses. My parents have supported me through every fall, (these photos of Emma were the first I took of her April 1, 2007, and I've put these up because even after a refusal and fall, Emma picked herself up with a big smile and went along her merry way!)every knocked rail and every blue ribbon. Horses opened up a whole new world to me and I don't know what I would be like without them.


(A special note from me...I told Emma today that just one of the reasons I love to photograph her is because I can see just how much she genuinely loves every pony and horse she rides, and I believe this is what makes her such a talented and beautiful rider...it is my pleasure to have Emma "In The Spotlight", and I look forward to capturing her equestrian career in photos for a long time to come...Hugs to you Emma, from me and Aladdin...and one day this show season it is my hope that I'll bring him along to a show, and we'll see what YOU can do with him!)